Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Walk to Napili Bay, Kapalua trail, snorkeling even I did it, and Lahaina Koa Grill nothing compares to Monkeypod!





We had crabby Alex and took a walk to Napili. It was much warmer yesterday. Jim and I walked to the big rock at Kapalua trail. I wanted to prove to myself that I could reach the point. I did it! Then, I was taken on a snorkeling tour by Alex. We chased a turtle, I freaked out since I forgot completely all those Club Med snorkeling days. I did see the state fish along with bright yellow, neon and black fish among others. We bought lunch at Honoloa Store which had the famous Maui gold and organic ham pizza. Jim and I had Mahi mahi wrap. All yum and reasonable. 


Me in white swim shirt
Boys snorkeling!

After snorkeling in Kapalua bay, boys went to pool and I did some laundry and packed. We made reservations at Koa Grill which was reviewed well, but then again there was a big line at Cheeseburger in Paradise. It had a nice view with decent food, but nothing special. We couldn't get into Merriman's in Kapalua. We ran into our neighbors in Lahaina. Alex 2nd birthday celebration was failed by Koa who did nothing, so he picked Ono gelato for dessert which is a great place to hear the sound of the waves while eating gelato. We walked around, but Alex was convinced Lahaina was scary after we heard a bar room brawl, bottles breaking, and police. Saw the banyan tree, walked some more and called it a night. Nothing beats the Monkeypod and we even considered driving for their chocolate pie! 













No comments:

Post a Comment